Residency application

Hi! How can I get complete information about residency application on September? I do not know anything about residency application, ERAS,…
I do not know anything about websites,…
Can somebody help me?

Hello Samira. There are two entities (AAMC and NRMP) that deals with residency application, three (adding ECFMG) if you are an IMG (International Medical Graduate).

1. ECFMG.org - Through its program of certification, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) assesses the readiness of international medical graduates to enter residency or fellowship programs in the United States that are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). ECFMG acts as the registration and score-reporting agency for the USMLE for foreign medical students/ graduates, or in short, it acts as the designated Dean’s office for International Medical Graduates (IMGs) in contrast to the American Medical Graduates (AMGs).

2. AAMC.org - This is the entity that is in charge of sending your residency application when its ready through their Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)

3. NRMP.org - The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), also called The Match, is a United States-based private non-profit non-governmental organization created in 1952 to help match medical school students with residency programs.

There is also a wealth of useful material available at http://blog.matcharesident.com.

If you have any specific questions do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you very much Zach. It was very helpful.

You are welcome. Glad I helped.

This is a direct link to the residency application guide provided by ERAS.

Thanks a lot👍