Need more information for the exam

usmle

Hi my name is Udara
I graduated in 2014 and I moved to states 1 year back .
So Im planning to sit for the usmle exam ,
My question is even if I pass the exam will my graduate year gonna be issue for the residency or is it gonna be issue for examination process.
If any one can help me on my question I gladly appreciate it.

Hello @udara_Sahabandu

Doesn’t matter what your situation is, there is always a way to bring the programs’ attention to your application. Most importantly is to keep your confidence and energy for the upcoming season

You graduated more than 5 years ago and that is going to remove many option for programs who requires 5 years or less. Saying that, there are also many programs who do not look at your year of graduation as a limiting factor and yet look at everything else before they discard your application.

Your focus now is to have the highest score possible in the USMLE step 1 and 2 ck and a pass within first attempt. Then focus on putting together an application that reassures the programs that you are best fit for their program. That means you need a flawless and convincing personal statement, a strong LoRs that support your personal statement and the rest of the application. Apply early and make sure you apply to programs that are best fit for your situation.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you!:point_up::star_struck: